Wednesday, March 02, 2005

LEARNIN' VINE 'N' MOUNT STUFF

Vine has potential to provide a means by which to obtain files located on a windows operating system from a workstation configured with both windows and linux. I have played around with this a bit but I need to quench my thirst of this knowledge further to actually get it to work. There is another application that can open a portal through the looking glass which I have yet to checkout. Can't remember the name currently though.

Mounting the windows operating system (an unfortunate phrase), worked a treat on those dual-op workstations with VFat partitions. But of course on a Window's XP system you could only see the NTFS partition. You couldn't see into the VFat. Ho-hum, so I am yet to get around that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home